The Basilica Pianos
Will work in most DAWs and notation software, using Plogue's sforzando!
Described as a "hidden gem", The Basilica Pianos is a high quality, but affordable sample library, that features both a grand piano and an upright piano, recorded in the same space and sampled by hand, using a stereo microphone setup. Also included are various effects, from strumming and plucking the strings of the grand piano, to a playable range of palm-muted samples from the upright piano. Each piano is available by itself, minus effects.
- A 7ft semi-concert grand piano and an upright studio piano, both recorded in a large church from a close perspective, with the same 2 large diaphragm studio condenser microphones.
- Full length samples
- Unique samples set with sustain pedal up and down (with natural sympathetic response)
- Simulated una corda (soft pedal)
- Up to 5 phase-aligned dynamic layers
- Adjustable multi-dynamic note releases
- Adjustable mechanical noises (pedals and keys)
- Additional effects patch for each piano
- Pluck, scrape, and strum effects (grand piano)
- Playable palm mute effect and percussive impact effects, in round robin (upright piano)
- Works with Plogue's sforzando, a free SFZ player that functions as both a standalone player and a VST/AU/RTAS/AAX plugin, for use in a DAW or notation software
- SFZ Format (Level 2.0+)
- 48 kHz/24-bit, WAV, Stereo
- 6.33 GB on Disk (Full Bundle)
Current Version: 1.4 Version History