Will work in most DAWs and notation software, using Plogue's sforzando!
A kalimba is a western interpretation of an African thumb piano, known as the mbira. As with my other sample libraries, I have done my best to make the basis of my virtual kalimba be as faithful as possible to a performance with the real thing. However, I’ve also made it possible to stretch beyond what is physically possible and manipulate the sound in a variety of different ways, hence the play on the word "kaleidoscope"!
- Finger & finger nail attacks
- Note dampen samples
- With & without sympathetic response
- Reversed Samples
- Stereo condenser microphones & mono vintage dynamic microphone
- Up to 4x round robin
- Effects (strumming, tapping)
- Dry samples, for maximum flexibility
- Includes alternate builds that artificially extend the playable range, as well as one build that rearranges the samples to mimic the functionality of a conventional piano, a literal thumb piano!
- SFZ Format (Level 2.0+)
- 48 kHz/24-bit, WAV, Stereo/Mono
- 781.7 MB on Disk (Full Version)
Current Version 1.0 Version History